Economic Value Creation through Innovation:
- Project Management: Project portfolio planning under resource constraints, leadership behaviors of project managers, project team culture and project value strategies to maximize project value.
- Innovation Management: Early termination of R&D projects, champions and their role in innovation processes, R&D project portfolio planning.
- Global Innovation Management: Organizational structures and strategies enabling successful innovations in multinational settings.
- Entrepreneurship: Growth in the early development stages of new ventures, opportunity recognition and exploitation in founder teams and network impacts of private investor networks.
- Project Management: Advanced Project Management courses for Masters students undergraduate students and practitioners
- Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship for undergraduate, graduate students and PhD students.
- Global Innovation Management: For international students and Masters students
- Quantitative research methods courses for Ph.D. students.
University of Karlsruhe
University of Karlsruhe
Professional Society Memberships (current)
- GPM (German Association of Project Management)
- PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Academy of Management
- 1996-2003 Founder and CEO of Vivatech GmbH, Germany
- 2003-today Board member and owner of Vivatech GmbH, Germany
Appointments at Academic/Research Institutions
- 2002 to present Associate Professor Stevens Institute of Technology
- 2000 to 2002 Visiting Associate Professor Stevens Institute of Technology
· 2000 to 2000 Hochschulassistent (Assistant Professor), Berlin University of Technology
- 1999 to 2000 Hochschulassistent (Assistant Professor), University of Karlsruhe
- 1997 to 1998 Hochschulassistent (Assistant Professor), Dresden University of Technology
- 1996 to 1997 Hochschulassistent (Assistant Professor), University of Karlsruhe
- 1991 to 1996 Wissenschaftlicher Angestellter (Lecturer and Research Assistant), University of Karlsruhe
Visiting Appointments at Academic/Research Institutions
· 2003 Visiting Professor, Department of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Berne (May to July)
· 2006 Visiting Professor, Central University of Finance and Economics, Beijing (May to June)
- Founder and CEO of VIVATECH GmbH (1997)
- Received DM 1.8 mio. venture capital as CEO for VIVATECH GmbH (1999)
- COBOL and PASCAL commercial programming
- German: native language,
- English: native speaker level
- French: Basic skills
Howe School of Technology Management
· MGT 372 Entrepreneurship for Science and Engineering undergraduate students
· TG 401X Entrepreneurship and Business for Engineering and Science students
· MGT 609 Introduction to Project Management
· MGT 610 Strategic Perspectives on Project Management (classroom and online)
· MGT 663 Entrepreneurship
· MGT 673 Global Innovation Management
· Mgt 711 Entrepreneurship Research
· Mgt 719 Quantitative Research Methods
University of Karlsruhe, 1991-1999
· Organizational Theory and Design
· Instruments of Project Management (Seminar)
Dresden University of Technology, 1997-1998
· Managerial Accounting